We’ve decided to add some Steampunk figures to our 1/35 scale line to go with our Steampunk model kit releases. Vehicles such as the Fish Shaped Submersible, Hornethopter, and the upcoming Steam Car and Squid-Shaped Submersible. We have many figure ideas but thought “wouldn’t it be cool if we got the community involved?”. And that’s how this contest idea came about.
You can now have the chance to become immortalized in your best Steampunk attire as a scale model kit!
Dress for Success!
Many in the Steampunk community create some fantastic outfits which they wear to shows, cons, etc… Email us some photos (see rules) of you in your favorite Steampunk era outfit and you might be chosen to become a figure model kit. The outfit can include accessories such as rayguns, packs, etc., but even a cool simplified Steampunk/Victorian outfit could make for a great figure.
The Rules »
Here’s a few rules and guidelines for this contest.
- Contestant should submit photo of themselves only. Group-shots wouldn’t work well for the modeler. You cannot submit photos of someone else so some wort of proof will be required. (proof type TBD)
- Must submit no more than 4 photos and no less than 2 photos. Must have a front and rear shot. A close-up head-shot would be great as well, but not necessary unless you are chosen. More photos of detail areas may be requested of the winner(s)
- Total photo submission should be less than 4mb. That’s more for my drive-space benefit than anything else. If we need higher res, we’ll definitely ask for it.
- Blurry photos are frowned upon. Since this is a photo contest, we need to be able to see details. Take the best shots you can!
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: We will stop accepting photo submissions on June 1st, 2012 at midnight EST. Any submissions after that will be discarded.
- One grand prize winner will be chosen by a combination of public votes and judge votes. (details to come) Other unofficial “runners-up” winners may be chosen by Industria Mechanika to be made into figures as well based on costume and how well we think it will translate into a marketable figure kit. It’d be silly to just do one if there’s several kit-worthy submissions!
- Winner(s) will be required to sign consent forms allowing us to use their likeness as a figure kit.
- If Grand Prize winner cannot prove costumed likeness is theirs, sign consent form, or meet requirements for contest, Grand prize will be forfeited and move to the 2nd place winner.
- Any prior-copyrighted materials in costume may need to be changed prior to model sculpting to avoid copyright infringement.
How To Enter »
You’ve read the rules and submission guidelines right? Great! Now that that’s done, you can email your submission to the following email address. Please include the following information: Real name, character name, email address, and a brief description of your costume.
The Prizes »
Here are the prizes so far. If anyone wishes to donate a prize, please contact us.
Grand Prize: Winner’s likeness in costume made into a 1/35 scale (50mm) figure kit. Two copies of your kit with the option to have one pre-painted by a figure modeler. One copy of the upcoming Squid-Shaped Submersible model kit.
Runner-Up Prizes: In the event we chose more submissions to be sculpted into kits, those entrants will receive: Their own runner-Up’s likeness in costume made into a 1/35 scale (50mm) figure kit. Two copies of the runner-up kit.